Sunday, December 8, 2019

Pam of Babylon #1 by Suzanne Jenkins - Warning Mature Content 5 Stars!



Wow loved this book.  I have to put in a disclaimer if you are not comfortable with sexual terms in book this one is definitely not for you!  This book took me by surprise, just when I thought it couldn’t get much worse for the main character, Pam, it did and it kept coming!  Shocking is what I can say about the content of this book.  It is real though, gritty and things like this really do happen.  Although I don’t know if it is to this extent. This book turns into twenty books…..and I never have wanted to  buy or get on Kindle Unlimited any books entire series until now.  I am up to book four and it is still holding my interest and I’m still invested in the characters.   You could read any of the books out of turn and she gets you up to speed quickly without having you reread entire sequences of the prior books.  Great author.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Description as found on Good Reads:
Warning readers! Mature content.

The first in a series of 21 books.

Deemed "an intriguing first novel" by Kirkus Reviews, this poignant tale follows Pam, a beautiful Long Island housewife who learns of her husband’s dark secrets only after his sudden death

Her seemingly perfect life is shattered when her husband dies of a heart attack and she comes face to face with his lies and infidelities.

This poignant, affecting drama follows a courageous widow who confronts the horror of a destructive marriage when the people her husband left behind come to share their painful stories