Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Invisible As Air by Zoe Fishman - 4 Stars



I did find the story believable and well written.  The author has her characters written in such a way that you become invested in them and have to keep reading to find out how things are going to end.  It is one that many have had to do, fight the fight of addiction, after sinking as low as they can go.

I received the book from the Author through Good Reads. She gave away only so many copies and I was lucky enough to have my name drawn for one.   I gave this book four stars.  I enjoyed reading it.  My review was of my own volition I do this to help the authors.  #InvisibleAsAir 

Description as found on Good Reads:
Sylvie Snow a Mother of a twelve-year-old son, a Mother, A Wife, A career woman, she wears many hats.  She has been repressing her sorrow and guilt over carrying a child full term and then having to deliver a still born baby who hadn’t been kicking in the last week.  She’s sure it’s her fault but she talks to no one and she keeps her grief hidden.  On the 3rd anniversary of Delilah’s death Sylvie takes one of the oxycodone pills meant for her husband who broke his ankle.  He’s not taking them.  She just wants   to see if it will help her cope with the day.  She becomes that day, happier, more calm, nicer, more patient and then she decides she needs another pill and another….This book is about Sylvie’s journey into addiction of pharmaceutical grade oxycodone.