Thursday, March 5, 2020

The Green Dress by Liz Tolsma – 4 Stars Christian True Crime



I did enjoy this book. It was based on true stories, with a little poetic license taken by the author.  She had to change a few things to make her story flow and have it work out the way she wanted it to.  She explains that at the end of the book. I didn’t really like the ending, it seemed abrupt to me although I don’t know how she would have written it differently.  I wasn’t sure how they would go about proving who had been making the family members sick, although I had figured out who had been doing it and how before the end of the book.  I wasn’t sure where science was at during that time period but learned exactly where things were as they proved how the family members were dying through the science.  I was amazed at how much men were able to make put women in their place still during that time period.  I just couldn’t be so submissive to men as they were then.  I guess women have come a long way. 



Description

Fiction Based on Strange, But True, History
True, riveting stories of American criminal activity are explored through a unique story of historical romantic suspense. Collect them all and be inspired by the hope that always finds its way even in the darkest of times.

When Harriet Peters came to Boston in 1882, the Robinson family took her in like one of their own, and Harriet became closer to Lizzie Robinson than her own siblings. Now, four years later, Lizzie is deathly sick, failing quickly just like several others in her family have done over the past few years. How can so many in one family die from the same mysterious illness? Harriet doesn’t have answers, but she is determined to help the family, bringing in a new-to-the-neighborhood doctor, Michael Wheaton.
           As Harriet and Michael close in on the answer, putting their own lives at risk, can the cause be found before anyone else dies?



I received this book through Netgalley.com as an advance reader copy in kindle format.  It was not required that I give a review.  The review I wrote were my own ideas given freely. I enjoy helping authors get the word out regarding their books.   #TheGreenDress.  #LizTolsma. #Netgalley