Saturday, December 5, 2020

The Burbs and the Bees by Cathryn Fox - 5 Stars

A really cute story!  I had some laugh out loud moments from this story.  The author really laid out a nice read, one that keeps you involved in the story and keeps you wanting to read on and not do anything else.  I was totally engrossed. I learned some things I never knew through the story line also! The description of the book is laid out below, as found on NetGalley.com.

I received the book in the kindle format through NetGalley.com  My opinion and thoughts on the book are entirely my own and freely given. #TheBurbsandtheBees.  #NetGalley.   #CathrynFox.


Description as found on NetGalley.com:

I just inherited an apple orchard in Nova Scotia.

That’s definitely a sentence I never would have imagined saying in my life.

I’ve only ever been a socialite from New York, but that orchard is my chance to prove to my family, and myself, that I can do more. Be more. I may not exactly know what I want out of life yet, but I’m determined to stick to something—and no, I’m not talking about the bee farmer next door.

Here’s what I know. If I can’t tough out one full month of a rooster waking me at sunrise, a poolhall parrot with a foul mouth, and a llama that swings both ways, not only will I lose my self-respect, I’ll lose my trust fund too.

Here’s what I don’t know. Why my neighbor with the bad attitude and a whole lot of sexy seems hell bent on sending me home. Well screw him. Not literally, of course. Except I just stumbled into his apiary, and got a look at the head beekeepers…stinger
.