Wednesday, April 24, 2019

What the Wind Knows by Amy Harmon – 5 Stars!!



I loved this book!  It was a great read.  I loved that she time travels in Ireland back in time, and how her knowing things that are going to happen in the future of Ireland and her family members really endangers her life!  Will she be able to live happily in the past, or will she somehow revert back to the future at any time.  That’s the real question after she gets there and finds that she is happy and wants to stay!  This book was a little slow for me starting up, but I was coming down with something and kept laying it down.  I was reading when I couldn’t sleep….then falling asleep.  Today I got to a certain part in the book and then I couldn’t put the book down, I am still not feeling great but I don’t want to stop reading this book until I get to the end.  The author did such a great job writing this story, her historical study of the characters and weaving Irelands real history into the story of the political upheaval of the times she just did such a great job at keeping me interested in it and I was really invested in the characters and had to find out how things were going to work out for all of them and how she was going to wrap up the ending which she did splendidly!!  Loved the ending!

I believe I received this book through Good Reads from either the author or the publisher on the premise if I like it I may post a review. I did and am doing that here!  I gave it five stars!

Here is the description of the book as found on Good Reads:
In an unforgettable love story, a woman’s impossible journey through the ages could change everything…

Anne Gallagher grew up enchanted by her grandfather’s stories of Ireland. Heartbroken at his death, she travels to his childhood home to spread his ashes. There, overcome with memories of the man she adored and consumed by a history she never knew, she is pulled into another time.

The Ireland of 1921, teetering on the edge of war, is a dangerous place in which to awaken. But there Anne finds herself, hurt, disoriented, and under the care of Dr. Thomas Smith, guardian to a young boy who is oddly familiar. Mistaken for the boy’s long-missing mother, Anne adopts her identity, convinced the woman’s disappearance is connected to her own.

As tensions rise, Thomas joins the struggle for Ireland’s independence and Anne is drawn into the conflict beside him. Caught between history and her heart, she must decide whether she’s willing to let go of the life she knew for a love she never thought she’d find. But in the end, is the choice actually hers to make?