Wednesday, September 18, 2019


Dear Grandchild, This Is Me – A Wonderful Book To Give Any Grandparent


Preserving A Legacy:

I was part of the launch party for this book put out by: waterbrookmultnomah.
I am not a Grandmother, but I just lost my Grandmother of 104 this year. I am 60.  I was blessed to have a Grandmother who kept a journal and she borrowed my typewriter and wrote a book about her life.  I was blessed to have spent a lot of time in both of her homes, when I was young as well as the last few years before she died.  We also sat and asked her about her life and caught it all on video my Mother and I.  I had a special friend who was becoming a Grandmother for the very first time.  She knew what my Grandmother meant to me.  I told her she needed to fill this book with many memories in case she didn’t live a really long life, so that her new Grandson Caden and the children to come, would know everything about her and her family as well as her extended family. I told her to be sure to put many stories and pictures inside because it would be treasured for years to come beyond her life.  I know my husband never met his Grandparents.   I never met any Grandparents on my Fathers side.  I actually was blessed to have two Fathers and never met any parents in those families.  This book is such a present to give to your grandchildren and I can only encourage you to buy one and fill it with stories for your grandchildren for years to come. Keep adding to it.  It will be so treasured.  My Grandmother blessed me, I can only say you really need to bless your Grandchildren by purchasing this book and filling it in.  It has suggestions, questions places to put pictures or discs.  Watch the video I put on Facebook that tells about the book.  I thought it was fabulous and recommend it highly.
Here is the information that I received in an email about the launch of this great book:

About Dear Grandchild, This Is Me
Preserving a family legacy can feel like a daunting task, but this new keepsake journal makes it easy for grandparents to capture memories, wisdom, and stories in one beautiful package.

Being a grandparent is an incredibly rewarding experience. Dear Grandchild, This Is Me--designed for any grandmother or grandfather to complete--will allow grandparents to collect these priceless memories in one heartfelt keepsake.

Special Features:
  •  Built-in envelopes to stash special, private letters for specific occasions in your grandchild's future.
  •  A sheet of adhesive photo corners to adhere photographs and special memories throughout.
  •  Off-the-record questions to prompt fun stories.
  •  A family tree to track your ancestry.
  •  Space to share your favorite recipes, or those passed through the generations.
  •  A world map to showcase your travels.

Within these pages you'll find a place to answer questions that speak to a grandchild of any age from the simple questions about favorite things to deeper questions about childhood memories, identity, and faith. This book will be a tangible way to keep a loved one close at all times.
About WaterBrook
Everything Beautiful includes illustrations from nine artists, offering a variety of styles to suit the tastes of a wide audience. Featured illustrators include Holly Camp, Jennifer Tucker, Lisa Shirk, Ann-Margret Hovsepian, Katie Howe, Terra Cypher, Cari Logston, Jenny Stewart, and Laura Marshall.